What Credit Score Is Needed for a Spirit Airlines Card
If you frequently travel with Spirit Airlines and want to take advantage of their loyalty program and perks, applying for a Spirit Airlines credit card can be a smart move. However, before you apply, it’s important to understand the credit score requirements to increase your chances of approval. In this article, we will discuss the credit score needed for a Spirit Airlines card and answer some frequently asked questions.
Credit Score Requirements for a Spirit Airlines Card
The credit score needed for a Spirit Airlines card can vary depending on the specific card you are applying for. Spirit Airlines offers two credit cards: the Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® and the Free Spirit® Travel More Mastercard®.
1. Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard®: This is the premium card offered by Spirit Airlines, and it typically requires a good to excellent credit score. A FICO score above 670 is generally considered good, while a score above 740 is considered excellent.
2. Free Spirit® Travel More Mastercard®: This is the standard version of the Spirit Airlines credit card and may have slightly more lenient credit score requirements. While a good to excellent credit score is still preferred, individuals with fair credit may also be considered for approval.
FAQs about the Credit Score Needed for a Spirit Airlines Card
1. Can I get approved for a Spirit Airlines card with a bad credit score?
It is unlikely to get approved for a Spirit Airlines credit card with a bad credit score. It’s best to work on improving your credit before applying.
2. Will applying for a Spirit Airlines card affect my credit score?
Yes, applying for any credit card can have a temporary impact on your credit score. The credit card issuer will perform a hard inquiry on your credit report, which may cause a slight dip in your score. However, the impact is usually minimal and temporary.
3. What factors besides credit score are considered during the application process?
In addition to your credit score, credit card issuers also consider factors such as income, employment history, and existing debt obligations when evaluating your application.
4. How can I check my credit score?
You can check your credit score through various credit monitoring services or by requesting a free credit report from one of the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion).
5. Can I apply for a Spirit Airlines card if I have no credit history?
If you have no credit history, it may be challenging to get approved for a Spirit Airlines credit card. However, you might consider applying for a secured credit card or becoming an authorized user on someone else’s credit card to start building credit.
6. Will having a higher credit score increase my chances of approval?
Having a higher credit score generally increases your chances of approval for a Spirit Airlines card. A good to excellent credit score demonstrates responsible credit usage and makes you a more attractive candidate for credit card issuers.
7. Can I still earn rewards and benefits with a Spirit Airlines card if I have a low credit score?
While having a higher credit score may increase your chances of approval, it is not the sole determining factor for earning rewards and benefits. Once approved, you can still enjoy the perks of a Spirit Airlines card, regardless of your credit score.
In conclusion, the credit score requirements for a Spirit Airlines card can vary depending on the specific card you are applying for. Generally, a good to excellent credit score is preferred, but individuals with fair credit may also be considered for approval. If you are interested in applying for a Spirit Airlines credit card, it’s essential to review the specific requirements and evaluate your own credit profile before submitting an application.